As HQ has taken Compass offline we have had to review the way the District handles the Adult Appointment Process.
Until compass is live the Districts new process will be:-
- Complete an Adult Information Form
- Upload new member onto the Add New Member Form (https://upload.scouts.org.uk/YouthUpload/Account/Login)
- Send completed form to the Appointments Secretary
- Once the adult member has been uploaded in 3 to 5 days you will receive an email from the Appointments Secretary to start the DBS Process (You will still be responsible to undertaking this check, Please DO NOT send any ID documents to the appointments secretary!)
- Whilst the DBS check is being undertaken we will request references for the applicant as per POR.
- Once the DBS and References have been returned we will then invite the applicant to book an interview via (tinyurl.com/appointmentscesd).
- Upon completion of the interview and the outcome of the panel if successful we will issue you with a Full Appointment Letter.
If you do not send a form to the Appointments Secretary we will not be able to know who is going through the process
Below are links on how to undertake the current process and to ensure that appointments, record keepings and other processes are kept things ticking over until Compass is accessible again.
While searching for other resources the following two videos were found within the media resources. I don’t recall them being mentioned in any previous Updates.
Video – How to Add an Adult to Compass https://members.scouts.org.uk/file_downloader.php?section=videolib&download_file=how_to_add_a_new_adult_to_compass.mov
Video – How to complete a Disclosure https://members.scouts.org.uk/file_downloader.php?section=videolib&download_file=completing_a_disclosure_application.mov
Both the add New Adult, via the button on the members page, and Disclosure Applications now seem to be working well enabling us to overcome the worrying lack of Disclosures.
If you have already added a member onto Compass and have not completed the process please inform the Appointments Secretary ASAP to finish off the appointments process.
Finally, Compass itself is alive and well at Gilwell and operating in house. The portal is the issue not COMPASS. Please spread that message.
Yours in Scouting
Deputy District Commisioner (Support) & Appointments Secretary
Cotswold Edge Scout District
Mobile: 07810 30 6291
Address: 207 Blaisdon, Yate, BS37 8TS