The Scout Association, through Unity (Scout Insurance Services), provides insurance to protect what is most important in Scouting: the members of your Group.
There are three kinds of insurance arranged by Unity for The Scout Association, for which the premiums are provided by your annual membership subscriptions. These are:
- Public Liability
- Personal Accident and Medical Expenses
- Trustees Indemnity
For more information on each of these please see our rough guide below
There are also many additional insurance covers that your Groups may need to purchase and The Scout Association’s rules state that every Scout Group must maintain adequate insurance cover, to be reviewed annually, in respect of:
- Property and Equipment, including the risk of loss or damage to equipment whilst in transit or at camp or on expeditions.
- Motor vehicles, including passenger risk, in the British Isles or abroad.
- Marine and boating risks.
- Aviation and air activity risks.
- Authorised Scout visits abroad.
In addition to the central insurance policies arranged for everyone by The Scout Association, to cover liability, personal accident and medical expenses above, Unity provides a range of additional specialist covers, which your Scout Group may need.
These can cover:
- Non-members associated with your Group.
- The things your Group owns.
- Events that you run.
Further useful information can be found below or on the Unity website, www.scoutinsurance.co.uk, You can also call them on 0845 0945 703.